Continuation of Stage 2 Water Conservation Restrictions
Effective July 14, 2023 - Updated September 11, 2023
Overall drought conditions continue in SW Oklahoma
Tom Steed Reservoir remains at or below 70%.
Conservation Restrictions remain in-effect in accordance with
Altus City Ordinances 44-226 to 44-231.
On Wednesday October 25th
Tom Steed Reservoir is 57.71% (6.72 feet below normal)
Stage 2 Restrictions are as follows:
Outdoor water use. All outdoor watering will be limited to two days per week from 4:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. or 7:00 p.m. to 12:00 midnight. All outdoor watering or irrigation shall be prohibited from 9:00a.m. through 7:00 p.m. except hand watering with a hose or watering can. Hoses must be equipped with shut-off nozzles.
- Odd-number houses. Single-family addresses ending in odd numbers shall water only on Saturdays and Wednesdays.
- Even-number houses. Single-family addresses ending in even numbers shall water only on Sundays and Thursdays.
- Other properties. Multifamily, commercial, industrial, churches, etc., shall water only on Tuesdays and Fridays.
- Other outdoor uses. Washing of vehicles is allowed on designated watering days as described above.
- City water use. Non-essential city water use will be suspended, such as, but not necessarily limited to, water line flushing, fire hydrant testing and washing of vehicles. Watering of parks, cemetery and other city property shall be limited to Mondays and Thursdays.
- Pavement washing. Pressure washing or hosing down of buildings, sidewalks, driveways, parking lots or patios is prohibited, except for commercial operations where such restriction would cause a substantial hardship.
Altus Residents and Business are asked to comply with these restrictions and be extra careful about conserving water during this time.